The City of Pittsburg's 5-Year Capital Improvement Program is a multi-year planning instrument for the construction of new and expansion, rehabilitation, or replacement of existing City owned assets. The 5-Year CIP is used by City staff members as a guide for project prioritization to accomplish community goals. The Program is updated annually to account for projects that have been completed, changing priorities, new priorities, and funding availability.
The 5-Year Capital Improvement Program for Fiscal Year 2015/16 through 2019/20 includes various projects for the benefit of Pittsburg's citizens. Each of the projects meets some or all of the following criteria:
- Elimination of potentially hazardous or unsafe conditions and potential liabilities
- Replacement of high maintenance and inefficient/ineffective infrastructure
- Improvement to and/or creation of new services to the public
- Outside agency regulatory requirements and mandates
- Stimulation of the local economy/eliminate blighted conditions
- Compliance with the City of Pittsburg General Plan
- Preservation of existing assets
The schedule for Capital Improvement Projects is based on available funding, public benefit, and funding restrictions. The project schedule is updated annually with the annual 5-Year Program update.
The following documents comprise the entire Five Year CIP for Fiscal Year 2015/16 through 2019/20. Select one of the following sections for information about projects included in the current 5-Year Capital Improvement Program.
Please note: Not all projects currently have funding available for design or construction.