The proposed Faria/Southwest Hills Annexation Project (proposed project) is located just southwest of the municipal boundary of the City of Pittsburg, within the Southwest Hills planning subarea of the Pittsburg General Plan. The project includes approximately 607 acres. The project site is generally bounded by vacant rolling hills with Bailey Road just beyond to the east, the Concord City Limits and the closed Concord Naval Weapons Station (CNWS) to the south and west, and existing residential development (San Marco and Vista Del Mar subdivisions) to the north and northeast with State Route (SR) 4 beyond.
The proposed project includes a request for approval of the following components:
- Annexation of the site into the City of Pittsburg City Limits, the Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) service area and the sanitation district Delta Diablo (DDSD) service area;
- Reclassification of site from HPD (Hillside Planned Development) and OS (Open Space) prezoning districts, to RS-4-P (Single Family Residential, with 4,000 sf minimum lots sizes) and OS-P prezoning. The “P” added to each district signifies a Master Plan Overlay District which would be added to the base zoning district in order to provide project- and site-specific policies and development standards for implementation through future development applications;
- Approval of the Draft Faria/Southwest Hills Master Plan (Draft Master Plan). The purpose of the Draft Master Plan is to define the potential development of the 607-acre project site as part of the request for annexation and prezoning of the site. The Draft Master Plan includes a Master Plan Overlay District, a Land Use Map, development regulations, design review guidelines, and a definition of the proposed circulation system;
- Approval of a General Plan Amendment (GPA) to modify two goals and two policies relevant to the project site, remove an existing General Plan goal and seven policies related to development in the southwest hills, and change the existing General Plan land use patterns for the project site to match the proposed Faria SW Hills Master Plan Map; and
- Development Agreement.
For purposes of this CEQA analysis, the maximum future buildout for the proposed project is assumed to include 1,500 single-family units.
The City prepared and released the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Faria/Southwest Hills Annexation Project (proposed project) on October 10, 2018, for a 45-day public review period. The City received both oral and written comments on the Draft EIR during the review period. Based on the comments received regarding the 2018 Draft EIR, the City determined that recirculation of Chapter 4.12, pertaining to Transportation, Traffic, and Circulation, was necessary to comply with CEQA Guidelines Section 15088.5.
On October 18, 2019, the City released a Notice of Availability (NOA) for a Partially Recirculated Draft EIR, focused on Transportation, Traffic, and Circulation. The NOA and the Recirculated Draft EIR can be downloaded from the 'Documents' section on this page.
The Final EIR, which includes a response to every comment received on the Draft EIR and Partially Recirculated Draft EIR, was made available for public review on July 17, 2020 and is available to download below. Since release of the Final EIR, a supplemental errata sheet has been prepared in response to some late comments received on the environmental analysis. This supplemental errata sheet was posted on August 13, 2020 and is also available below.
UPCOMING: City Council Continued Special Meeting, 2/22/21, 6:00 pm
- Full Agenda Packet
- Revised CEQA Resolution (provided to City Council on 2/22/21)
- Comment Letter - Mary Christopherson, received 2/9/21
- Comment Letter - National Park Service, received 2/18/21
- Comment Letter - Greenbelt Alliance, received 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - LAFCO, received 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - Hanson Bridgett, 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - Bob Braitman, 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - East Bay Housing Organizations, 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - East Bay Regional Park District (SMW), 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - East Bay Regional Park District (Ward 7), 2/19/21
- Comment Letter - CCC Flood Control District, 2/22/21
- Comment Letter - Hanson Bridgett EBRPD Response, 2/22/21
- Comment Letter - Save Mount Diablo (SMW), 2/22/21
- Comment Letter - Hanson Bridgett SMD Response, 2/22/21
- General Comments Received by City Clerk Since 8/25/20 (Updated as new comments are received)
City Council Special Meeting, 8/24/20, 5:00pm -/ MEETING CANCELLED
Kristin Pollot, AICP, Planning Manager
Tel: (925) 252-6941
Fax: (925) 252-4920
Address: 65 Civic Avenue, Pittsburg, CA 94565