The Tuscany Meadows Annexation and Residential Subdivision consists of a request to develop up to 917 single family homes and up to 365 multi-family residential units on an approximately 170 acre vacant site. The site consists of two parcels bounded on the north by Buchanan Road, to the east by the Contra Costa Canal and Somersville Road, to the south by the Black Diamond Estates residential development, and the west by the Highlands Ranch residential development. The project site is located in an unincorporated area of Contra Costa County, California between the City of Antioch and the City of Pittsburg limits. In 2011, the City of Pittsburg Urban Limit Line and General Plan were amended, via voter initiative, to reflect and accommodate the proposed project area in anticipation of future annexation and development.
The proposed annexation area includes the approximately 170-acre area of proposed improvements (APN 089-150-013), and a 23-acre Chevron facility property located near the northern portion of the project site (APN 089-150-015).
The proposed project includes the following entitlements:
- Sphere of influence amendment;
- Annexation to the City of Pittsburg;
- Annexation to the Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) and inclusion in the Central Valley Project (CVP);
- Annexation to the Delta Diablo, a California Wastewater Resource Recovery District, service boundaries;
- Vesting Tentatived Subdivision Map; and
- Development Agreement to be negotiated with the City.
Further details on the project can be found in Chapter 3, Project Description, of the Draft Environmental Impact Report (Draft EIR), below.
Approved Environmental Documentation:
The City of Pittsburg, acting as Lead Agency for the proposed project, adopted a Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) on August 3, 2015, that responds to all comments received during the Draft EIR public comment period.
- February 9, 2016: Public Hearing on a request for approval of a Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map and a recommendation on a development agreement vesting the project entitlements for a 25-year period.
- March 21, 2016: Public hearing on a request for approval of CEQA findings, adoption of a Statement of Overriding Considerations, adoption of a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, initiation of Local Agency Formation Commission proceedings to bring the 'South East Border Area' into Pittsburg's Sphere of Influence and municipal boundaries, as well as Delta Diablo's and Contra Costa Water District's service boundaries, and approval of a development agreement for the Tuscany Meadows Residential Subdivision project.
Lead Agency Project Contact:
Hector Rojas, Senior Planner
City of Pittsburg, Planning Division
65 Civic Avenue
Pittsburg, CA 94565
Phone: (925) 252-4043
Fax: (925) 252-4814