All existing Business Licenses must be renewed annually at the beginning of the year with a deadline of January 31 and becomes delinquent as of the 1st of Feb. Renewal packets with the necessary forms to be completed are normally sent out a few months before the renewal period. Flyers and important information and notices are included.
Click here to Renew Business License Online
Please contact our Business License office at (925) 252-4955 if you are missing your renewal packet or require additional forms.
IF YOU ARE NO LONGER DOING BUSINESS IN THE CITY OF PITTSBURG or NOT ANTICIPATING CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS IN PITTSBURG DURING THIS RENEWAL PERIOD - Sign and date the box located on lower right side of the form to close your account.
NEW OWNER – if you are the new owner of an existing business, the current license is NOT TRANSFERABLE. You must apply for a new license under your own name.
ADDRESS CHANGE – Within the City, business address changes require approval from the Planning and Building Departments. You must list a physical address. A Post Office Box address is acceptable as mailing address only.
GROSS RECEIPTS – based on an estimate or prior year gross receipts.
BUSINESS LICENSE CALCULATOR – For your convenience, a calculator is available to estimate your business license amount due.
Instructions in Filling Out the Renewal Forms
- Business License Renewal Application Form
- This is a pre-filled form with your business license file information - Please update the information if necessary. See the list of changes which would require a change form. (Refer to No. 3. “Change Form” instructions )
- Owner’s Information - If corporation or CEO name changed draw a line across the old name and put in the new name. It is important to enter the phone number of the new company executive. If the business has a new owner, an NEW BUSINESS APPLICATION must be submitted.
- Local Emergency - Left blank to allow you to add current information
- State of California Nos. - Please fill it out if applicable to your business.
- State Contractor License No. – if you are a contractor
- State Employer ID No. – If you have any employees
- Federal ID No. - if none you can list your Social Security No.
- State Sale Tax # (BEAN) – If you charge tax
- Social Security No. – If you have no Federal ID No.
- Driver’s License No. – For owners of head of the organization
- Business License Tax & fees - For your convenience, use the Business License Calculator. Have estimated annual gross receipts handy to fill out the Gross Receipt field in the calculator.
- Business License Application Form - Blank From [PDF]
- Business Permit Renewal Application Form [PDF]
Fill out the form if there are changes - Check the “no change” box if there are no changes from prior year’s information
Important: For businesses soliciting in residential door to door or place, enclose a list of all the employees or representatives and copies of their driver’s license.
Note: Due to nature of their business within the City, some Out of town businesses are required to complete the business permit form.
- Change Form [PDF]
Filled out for the following changes with the Business License
- Change of business location – For Storefronts, Commercial or Homebased businesses, changes will be subject to approval. A new Home Occupation Permit would be required. It needs the signature of the landlord if licensee is not the property owner. For Out of town businesses, it is needed to have a record the change. A $25.00 fee will apply. (not added to the electronic business calculator)
- Change of business description - For storefronts, commercial or home based business changes, this will be subject to approval. A $25.00 fee will apply. (not added to calculator ) Please add to other fee.
- Change of Name – Needed to have a record of the change. A $5.00 fee will apply. (This fee is not added to the electronic calculator.)