Skip to page body Home I Want to... What's New City Services Living Doing Business Visiting About Pittsburg

The Water Utility Billing Department (Payment Center) is where you establish water and sewer service for your property. Requests for new service are not accepted more than 24 hours in advance of the date requested.

Water Utility Billing Department (Payment Center)
City of Pittsburg City Hall
65 Civic Ave - 1st floor
Pittsburg, CA 94565

Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding holidays). 
Please note: New service will not be set up after 4:30 pm.


$35.00 - Application Fee
$84.00 - Additional After Hours Fee (water turned on after 2:30pm)
$250.00 - Deposit
(Exemption: New Home Owner with no prior account history with the City and living in the property) 

The Deposit Fee is refundable only upon request and after having a current full year history of no delinquencies or shut offs. Please click here for the form.

If you are the new homeowner

You recently purchased a single family home in Pittsburg:

  • You will need to come to City Hall at 65 Civic Avenue.
  • You are required to bring Proof of Ownership and California ID, State Issued Drivers License or Social Security Card with a picture ID.

If you are an existing homeowner

If you have had a prior account with the City of Pittsburg and your identification is on file:

  • Call (925) 252-4940 to establish water service*
  • Come to the Payment Center

*For your convenience, the City offers other ways to pay your bill, click here

If you are the tenant

  • Come to the payment center with owner to establish water service
  • Bring in the notarized water application along with a valid US ID

If you are a property manager

• The property management agreement must be on file along with the notarized water application
• You must have a current business license on file with the City of Pittsburg

If all the required documents are not presented at the time of application, you will not be allowed to act on behalf of the property owner. Please call (925) 252-4940 for any questions.

To close your water service

  • Requests to close water service are not accepted more than 24 hours in advance of the date requested.
  • To close your account, you will need to come to City Hall. However, if your ID is on file, we will take the information over the phone at (925) 252-4940.
  • All accounts closed require a forwarding address for processing of your final bill.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer Download MS-Access Viewer
Last updated: 2/10/2020 11:14:24 AM