Skip to page body Home I Want to... What's New City Services Living Doing Business Visiting About Pittsburg
Police Department Banner

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

How do I go about getting a copy of my crime report? What does it cost?
We accept requests by mail, walk-in, and fax. Records staff will contact you by telephone, e-mail, fax or United States mail to advise you of the fees for this service. Requests will not be mailed unless all fees have been paid in advance. Your request for information is normally processed and mailed within ten (10) business days.

Please note: Victims of crimes, their legal representative, or their insurance carriers are entitled to receive a copy of a crime report; refer Government Code 6254(f). If you were involved in a crime but you are not the victim, contact our office to learn how and when these documents can be obtained.
My child is under 18 years old and was involved in a crime. How can I obtain a copy of the crime report?
The Pittsburg Police Department cannot directly release information pertaining to a juvenile involved in a crime. Before being released, a "Juvenile Release" form must be filled out. The Judge of the Juvenile Court will review your request and the crime report. Once the Judge’s decision (approx. 10 business days) is made, records staff will mail the crime report or the decision not to release as prescribed by the judge. Requests will not be processed unless fees have been paid in advance.
How does my restraining order get recorded?
At the end of each court day, Monday through Friday, at 5:00 p.m. all restraining order documents executed that business day in Contra Costa County are delivered to the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Department Records Unit and records staff make the required entries into the Domestic Violence Restraining Order System of the State.
How can I find out if I have a warrant for my arrest?
We do not provide warrant information to the public. Contact the court of jurisdiction for additional information.
How do I find out if someone is in custody?
Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Custody Services Bureau handles all in-custody inmate information. They can be reached at (925) 646-4496, 24 hours a day 7 days per week.