Location: W.Leland & John Henry Johnson Pkwy
Hours of Operation: Sunrise to Sunset
||Restrooms, Picnic Tables, Play Equipment/Tot Lot, Baseball / Softball Fields, Basketball Courts|
||Sorry, this park is on a first come basis only and no reservations are required or taken.|
This 8 acre community park was formerly named Stoneman North Park. The park was renamed in the summer of 2013 to honor the late, great, John Henry Johnson. John Henry Johnson was a Pittsburg High graduate that was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 8, 1987. He was also a member of the Sanfrancisco 49ers famed Million Dollar backfield in the 50’s. Remembered among the NFL greats he had a career total 6803 rushing and 1478 receiving yards.
The park has 3 different picnic sites. Each picnic site is next to a playground and has 3 picnic tables with BBQ pits. There are two large turf play areas and a half basketball court. The park has a cement walking trail that follows the perimeter of the park and a distance post marking the .62 mile walk. There is a dog friendly drinking fountain and pet station where clean up bags are provided for your pets. Other amenities include restrooms, drinking fountains and a lighted parking lot.