You can help stop graffiti vandalism!
Calling in vandalized buildings and structures is an easy and important way for you to fight graffiti in our community. Calling the hotline allows the Pittsburg Police Department to track graffiti incidents and if needed, help building owners clean up their property. Filing a police report helps in the prosecution of caught vandals.
To report graffiti in progress, phone the Police Dispatch at (925) 646-2441
To report new graffiti, phone the Police Graffiti Hotline at (925) 252-6939
Be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Exact Address (If there is no address, be as specific as you can.)
- Exact Building/ Business Name
- Location of graffiti on building: North or West Facing, 1st floor or above.
- Message of the graffiti, if legible. (What does it say?)
- Material used to apply graffiti (spray paint, marker, etching, etc.)
- Surface that is vandalized (Painted or unpainted wood, brick, concrete, glass or other non-porous material?)
If the line is busy and you get voice mail, you can leave a message with the above information. Please be sure to leave your name and phone number so that you can be contacted if any information needs to be clarified.
Your Own Property
If the graffiti is on your own property, please phone Police Dispatch at (925) 646-2441 to make a crime report.
Other People's Property
If the graffiti is on third party property, the information will be distributed to the agency responsible for cleanup. Providing as much of the above information as possible will speed response time. Please be aware that safety and accessibility issues can sometimes delay removal.