Kristin Pollot, AICP
Phone: (925) 252-4920
Fax: (925) 252-4814
The Planning Department facilitates new development consistent with the City’s General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Sign Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other State, Federal and local regulations pertaining to new development activity.
The Planning Department is responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of the City’s General Plan, the development and administration of Chapter 18 (Zoning Ordinance), Chapter 19 (Sign Ordinance) and the co-administration of Chapter 17 (Subdivision Ordinance) of the Pittsburg Municipal Code. In addition, the Planning Department administers the NPDES Clean Water Program for the City and coordinates and facilitates the preparation of CEQA documents for the City.
Planning Department services include:
- Providing planning and zoning information to the general public and development community over the counter, by phone, mail and e-mail, as requested.
- Accepting, processing, analyzing and evaluating both public and private planning applications for conformance with the City's General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Sign Ordinance, CEQA and other State and local planning regulations.
- Preparing CEQA documentation for simple to moderately complex private development projects and City Capital Improvement Projects (CIP); soliciting and supervising the preparation of CEQA documents by consultants for large, complex private development projects and CIPs.
- Providing feedback to surrounding jurisdictions on planning applications involving land outside Pittsburg’s jurisdiction that may impact our community.
- Maintaining and updating the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance and other planning-related documents.