The Transportation Section:
- Responds to citizen traffic complaints and requests
- Pursues transportation funding opportunities, including federal, state and local grants
- Develops, updates and implements the City’s traffic calming program
- Analyzes traffic impacts of new development
- Provides short and long range transportation planning, including implementation of the
- General Plan’s Circulation Element
- East County Action Plan
- Congestion Management Plan
- County-wide Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- Manages the regional and local transportation mitigation fee programs
- Provides liaison to regional transportation committees/boards/authorities
- Maintains extensive records on various phases of traffic operations in the City of Pittsburg
- Conducts traffic and speed surveys, daily traffic and turning movement counts, and maintains traffic records and a geographical information system (GIS) collision database.
Click here to view the Pittsburg Truck Route Map.
Interested parties may request access to records by contacting the Engineering Division or downloading the following records and survey information:
Forms and Applications
How to obtain a permit or application
To obtain a permit or application using these forms you must complete the following:
- Click on permit/application form as provided in the link above and print the form.
- Fill out the permit/application form completely.
- Mail, fax or deliver the completed permit/application form to:
City of Pittsburg
65 Civic Avenue
Pittsburg, CA 94565
Fax: (925) 252-6928
Please provide any additional documents as described in the application/permit form.