HOMETOWN HERO BANNER PROGRAM POLICY AND GUIDELINES
The City of Pittsburg Hometown Hero program provides the opportunity for the community to recognize and honor Pittsburg residents, and their immediate family members, who have served, or currently serving, in the United States Armed Forces. The Hometown Hero banner will be displayed from City-owned streetlight poles and will contribute to the City’s quality of life while also promoting civic pride. In order to allow for a coordinated and consistent program, the City has established the following policy and guidelines for the Hometown Hero Banner Program.
1. Active, retired, or honorably discharged members of the five United States Armed Forces service branches (Army, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Navy, and Air Force).
2. A current City of Pittsburg Resident OR
Graduated from a High School in the City of Pittsburg OR
An immediate family member of a current resident (spouse, parent, sibling, child or child-in-law, or grandchild)
3. Proof of eligibility will be required before an application is considered complete.
• Proof of residency (i.e. copy of utility bill or driver’s license) of the nominee (or applicant who is the immediate family member of the nominee), or school transcript of the nominee
• Verification of active duty dates (i.e. copy of military orders or military ID)
• Honorable discharge or retirement papers with SSN redacted
• High-Resolution digital image (minimum 300 dpi) in jpeg format or 5 x 7 photograph of honoree in official uniform (with no objects). Original photos will be returned.