The City of Pittsburg, in partnership with the Pittsburg Unified School District, is hosting the 2019 Sister City Student Exchange trip to Shimonoseki, Japan in August 2019. The 2019 trip will include a student delegation of 5 Pittsburg Unified School District students age 14-15 years of age at the time of the trip who reside in Pittsburg, California. Minimum eligibility requirements are below and should be reviewed prior to submitting your completed application.
- At the time of application, student must be enrolled in eighth or ninth grade in the Pittsburg Unified School District.
- Student must be a full-time resident of the city of Pittsburg, California.
- Student must be mature enough to benefit from the experience and be a credible student ambassador for the City of Pittsburg, Pittsburg Unified School District, and the United States of America.
- Student must be in good academic standing and display exemplary citizenship at his/her school.
- Student must be interested in learning about Japanese customs, culture, and language. This trip is a lifechanging cultural experience.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, download and complete the application below and submit to:
Sister City Selection Committee
c/o City of Pittsburg – Economic Development Department
65 Civic Avenue – 2nd Floor
Pittsburg, CA 94565
*Postmarked on or before May 1, 2019 by 4pm
Click Here to Download the Application