Skip to page body Home I Want to... What's New City Services Living Doing Business Visiting About Pittsburg

Special Event/Temporary Activity Permit Application

If you are looking to hold an event on public private property, you will be required to hold a Special Event Permit or a Temporary Activity Permit.  Completed applications should be turned into the City of Pittsburg Planning Division located on the first floor at 65 Civic Avenue. 

Application for Special Event Permit or Temporary Activity Permit

Staff is available to help you with the application process and answer any questions you may have about the application form. Please call (925) 252-4920 for assistance. Submittal of this application form is not a guarantee of permit approval.


NOTE: Special Event or Temporary Activity permits are not required for the following types of events. If your event falls into one of the categories 1 through 6 listed below, you do not need to complete this application packet:

1. Authorized events held on a school campus or other property owned by the Pittsburg Unified School District, Mt. Diablo Unified School District, or Los Medanos College.

2. Events occurring on City-owned property and conducted by a certified nonprofit organization, if the organization has an executed use agreement for use of City of Pittsburg parks or other facilities, and the event is consistent with the provisions of that agreement.

3. Reservations made through the City of Pittsburg Recreation Department, for facilities and designated picnic areas at Buchanan Park, Central Park, City Park, Highlands Ranch Park or John Henry Johnson Park, provided that the event is contained within the reserved area.

4. Funeral processions by a licensed mortuary.

5. Up to three garage sales on a single private property in a 12-month period.

6. Temporary retail inside a building, such as a holiday boutique or costume store.


Last updated: 8/28/2018 12:09:07 PM